Friday, June 16, 2017

The Fanstasticks, Words and Music by Harvey Schmidt and Tom Jones, Presented by The Drama Workshop


"Try to remember the kind of September when life was slow, and oh, so mellow..."  This song has been popping into my head at odd times ever since I saw "The Fantasticks"  presented by The Drama Workshop at The Glenmore Playhouse in Cheviot.  Tom, our friend, Pat, and I went to the April 24th matinee.

I'm sorry I didn't get this posted sooner but word of mouth and publicity made it one of The Drama Workshop's ten most attended productions of all time.

Included on the stars in the photo above are the actors and also many of the supporting volunteers who make the community theater possible.  The photos below are closer views of the left and right side.  If you click on them to enlarge them, you may recognize some faces.



Cast members were...
Jonny Hofmann as The Narrator--El Gallo
Maria Huey as The Girl-Luisa
Jacob Lucas as The Boy-Matt
Mark Waldfogle as The Boy's Father-Hucklebee
Russ D. McGee as The Girl's Father-Bellomy
Jack Williams as The Old Actor-Henry
Mike Robb as The Man Who Dies-Mortimer
Geoffrey Hill as The Mute ( also The Wall)

The props and set were minimal just as they were in the original off-Broadway production that ran for 42 years, making it the world's longest-running musical.  It was great fun being surprised by what was found in the boxes to the left and right of the center stage.


I was looking through my old posts and found this one from several years ago which I never posted so I am posting it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment