Thursday, July 11, 2019

Last of June, First of July...A Busy Time

We have had a good summer...

Our son, Ray, and his wife, Gretchen, visited with us the last week in June.  They have been in London, UK for the last year.  It was good to see them.  Afterward, Tom said, " Do you realize that is the longest visit Ray has had with us since he started college?"

I think that was a bit of an exaggeration but it is true we haven't had him stay overnight for an extended period for a long time.


We didn't do much over the Fourth of July.  We did watch the traditional People's Fourth of July on PBS.  I realized I do not know the popular singers of today.  I did recognize the Muppets!

The prairie flowers are blooming.  Tom's little patch beside our driveway is beautiful.


The same kinds of flowers but about a million more of them, and other flowers, too. are blooming at Huffman Prairie.  The butterflies are enjoying both places.


I saw a bobolink at Huffman Prairie.  I like walks by myself but when I see a bird I don't see often, it is even more special when I share the experience with a friend.  And Jeanne was with me.


4 comments:

  1. Tom's Prairie flowers are beautiful! Sure hope you have more exciting bird sightings, we get excited too when we see ones we don't normally see. Hi to Tom! Have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy seeing the photos you post of birds we rarely see...like the pine siskins.

      Delete
  2. The prairie flowers are gorgeous! I really like the combination of colors and varieties. It's always uplifting to see a monarch, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a huge variety of butterflies at Huffman Prairie. At least a dozen Red Admirals.

      Delete