Friday, February 26, 2021

Fool's Spring...February 26, 2021


 When I saw the Winter Aconite blooming in my neighbor's yard, I immediately thought of another sign of spring...the red-winged blackbird.  I decided to hike out to Cedar Pond where I usually see them.



The main trail was completely snow and ice-free.

At the turnoff for Cedar Pond I saw the first ice on the trail.



I started down the trail.



It wasn't as clear as the main trail but it wasn't bad.  All I had to do was walk in the tracks of the "Gator"  that the staff uses to monitor the park.

However the tracks disappeared.  By then I was so far along on the trail I decided to keep going.  I had my pointed end walking stick with me.



Beside the boot track I spied a deer track...



And looking up I saw a deer trail.



I made it to Cedar Pond with only a few slips and no falls.


Still frozen...and no sights of a red-winged blackbird.  Maybe the next time I walk here...

As I returned to the parking lot, I saw park staff pulling in.


And before I left they were busy loading up sand to spread on the trails.  Hurrah for the park staff.


Maybe the Winter Aconite was an enticement to get me out on this walk.  It worked but I did decide that I was fooled by Ohio's Fool's Spring.  I would do the walk again.  I would hate to miss Ohio's Real Spring. 





2 comments:

  1. You will have Spring before me! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you have a picture of a great woman named Grace Durin. She was my great aunt and I loved her dearly though I lived in Chicago and she was in Ann Arbor. She sent me boxes of books for every birthday and Christmas. I read them to this day. I'm 67. Thank you for posting her picture. Family photes and other treasures were lost. It was good to see her face. Thanks again! I hope all is well with you and that God / The Universe blesses you and yours.

    SIncerely,

    Bradford L Meinecke
    bradmeinecke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete