Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, James


I hope your day is a happy one. The photo is pulled from one of your dad and Gretchen's wedding photos.  I  have a wonderful collection of pictures of you as you grew up. I'm glad you lived near us.


Here you are with a  stuffed monkey that was a gift from Great-Grandma-with-the-dolls. That was the name you knew my mother by since she had an enormous collection of dolls.

Books that I read to you when you were young...here they are.

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the BIG HUNGRY BEAR by Don and Audrey Wood.


The little mouse really had a hard time protecting that strawberry.


The second book that I remember you liking was Great Day for UP by Dr. Seuss.
 

These are two of the early pages.


Even after you could easily read the book yourself, it was a book you liked to have me read to you. I think you liked the last page best of all. I'm not going to publish that page. People will have to find out about that last page some other way.

Till I see you again...Happy, happy, happy birthday.

Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment