Thursday, July 14, 2016

My Sister's Flower Garden ( and my brother-in-law's as well) Ferns, Hostas, Treasures...

 I hope you take time to click on these photos.  A lot of what makes my sister's garden special is in the small details.  You can only see them in a larger photo.


To the right as we walk into the backyard..


To the left as we walk into the backyard.  See Tom in the background?  The garden reaches to the property line.  The total backyard garden is a little over one hundred feet wide and two hundred feet deep.


Joy and Beauty abounds...


The Wood Wizard is reading his book of spells under a tall spreading tree.


Under another tree a red fox listens.


There are newly repainted gnomes for children to delight in finding.


And tucked away in another niche is a family of ducks which my sister  found one by one in various places as she browsed through shops and sales.


Throughout the garden a variety of wind chimes add music.


Here and there are messages that garden lovers realize are true.


There are nearly hidden narrow paths bordered by ferns and hostas.









Chairs and benches, many of them painted by my sister, hold baskets of flowers.


This chair brings back memories for both of us.  Dad brought  home a collection of kindergarten chairs when a school district was disposing of unwanted items.  We used them for teaparties and extra seating for years.


This angel is one my sister bought in memory of my mother.  My mother was a flower lover, too, so this garden is a perfect spot for remembering her.


My sister planted a tribute to one of her very best friends in a quiet back corner.


I enjoyed my walk through my sister's garden.  I enjoyed the love it radiated.  And I loved this quiet peaceful spot where I could sit on a comfortable bench and rest my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment