Sunday, July 15, 2018

My Eightieth Birthday....Wow!

June 13, 2018...I have entered another decade.

The first day was amazing.  I expected that Tom and I would go to The Rusty Bucket where our grandson is chef and have a pleasant meal.

I was ready to go when Tom said, "There's someone at the door.  Will you get it?"

My two sisters from Florida were at the door.  One of them said she thought I was having a heart attack when I opened the door.  I could not have been more surprised.  They drove all the way up from Florida to spend my birthday with me.

Tom told us to go ahead and go to the Rusty Bucket.  He had things to do at home.  The four of us could talk when we returned.

With my grandson on the patio of the Rusty Bucket.

A few hours later my daughter, Sonja, arrived with supper.   So much supper, I told her, it looked like she had brought enough food for twenty people.

Good thing, too.  Other people, none of whom I expected, showed up.

What I have told you are only a few of the highlights of the day.  Tom and  and my sister took at least a hundred pictures so I have all of them to jog my memories.  And yesterday, a book made with help from the Shutterfly website , arrived so I have still another way of remembering.

This decade is off to a wonderful start.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Belated Birthday! How wonderful that your sisters showed up to help you celebrate! Many more happy birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete