Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Portrait From a Photo, Part 6

Here is the Painting as it appeared at the end of the Part 5
This is where the painting was at the end of Part 5. And below is how it looked when I stopped to evaluate it.
On my computer screen, I can view both photos at the same time. I hope that you can do the same.

This is how I went from the first to the second.
Added Alizarin Crimson to the upper lip because the upper lip tips in and so it not hit strongly by the sunlight.
Added Burnt Sienna and Green-blue to the upper hair line and extended it along the shadow side hair.
Added Burnt Sienna to the eyes.
Painted New Gamboge, Quinacridone Red, and Orange Lake washes over the entire face and neck to brighten them.
Painted washes using these colors plus Green-blue and Primary Red on the shadow side.
Added Cobalt Blue to the outer sweatshirt, and washes of New Gamboge and Quinacridone Red to the tee shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment