Friday, January 12, 2018

Second Winter Storm On Its Way

This is the way our front porch looked on Wednesday.  Despite the snow, the day was warm.  After stocking up on groceries because another storm was predicted I decided to walk at Charleston Falls. 


I could hear the water falling under the icy cover.  

On Thursday, Marsha came to paint.  Both of us have been neglecting art because of other activities.  It is easy to do.  Marsha painted a barn along a rural road, one of her favorite topics.  She wasn't happy with it when she left but she said she would work on it at home.  "At least," she said, "I'm painting."

I decided to do a small drawing.  One of my grandsons has been posting a drawing every day for over fifty days in a row.  I decided if he could be that productive I could at least try to draw every day for the rest of January.

This is drawing one.




I enlarged the children and worked from the enlargement.

While Marsha and I were busy, the change in the weather arrived.  It was raining hard by the time she left.

This morning it was still raining.


By 2:30 today, the rain had changed to snow.


Tom made baked chicken with vegetables and cheese for lunch.  I put clothes in the washer and started on a drawing.  I worked and worked and worked.  The photo I am working from is of three of our grandsons taken when they were visiting us for a few days.  As sometimes happens I couldn't get a good drawing of all three grandsons so I posted the drawing of one of them instead.  Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.








1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I could draw! You are so talented!! Sending cold temperatures your way hope you don't get ice. We are stocked up too, seems like we are well stocked all the time anyway except for milk and fresh fruit.
    Your Falls look really pretty frozen!

    ReplyDelete