Sunday, April 8, 2018

Spring Is Slow in Arriving This Year, April 8, 2018


 Jeanne and I went walking at Charleston Falls  on April 7.  Last year we saw flowers.  This year we saw snow.

Finally on the trail that is behind the falls we found a few flowers.  They were bluebells...not very tall and just beginning to show buds.


The wildflowers are here.  Just under the snow today.  I walked on Wednesday March 28 and found the flowers below.


PurpleCress...


Leaves of Trout Lilies ( also called Adder's Tongue and Dogtooth Violet)


Waterleaf...not sure which species...


Spring Beauty


The Bluebells were showing blue buds then, too.

There was more water dropping over the falls on March 28. We had had rain the previous day...all day long...sometimes just a mist, sometimes torrential downpours.



I am still working on my Self-challenge...sketches from photos I've collected over the years.  My grandson posted 104 days in a row.  I am not doing that well.  Sometimes I work on a sketch on and off for two or three days before I am satisfied with it.  I plan to continue the self-challenge until I have done a 100 sketches.  By then I hope to be doing some of them in watercolors.







1 comment:

  1. Hope you get spring soon, but I think our cold weather may go your way. It was -3 F this am...a tad chilly:) Your drawing is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete