Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ted


You always keep your eyes open.  You did even when you were three months old.

I wonder which nursery rhyme was holding your attention.


I never had to dust under beds when you were young.  As long as I bought an occasional octopus and open-mouthed alligators for you to play with you kept my floor dusted.



You even talked Samantha into helping me when you two decided to become roaring lions for the day.



I am not sure you remember this hike at Clifton Gorge.  You were a tough hiker but you were tired by the time we arrived at the top of the gorge.  I remember that.  I carried you piggy-back to the car. 


That's you in the yellow shirt and purple pants showing me the dam and lodge that your group built at Beaver Camp. You had such a good time that I took James, Robert, and Eric when they were between first and second grades. There is something special about playing in a creek in summertime.



If you click on this photo, it will enlarge enough to see your name on the left and James's name on the right.  It was one of those years you both celebrated your birthday at our house at the same time even though James's birthday is a day earlier than yours.  And contrary  to what you always say, you did have a birthday party on your birthday the year James was born. It was at our  house.  In fact , you had TWO birthday parties that year because your parents had one at their house a few days after your official birthday.



This was the year you graduated to "real baseball."  I think there were even pitchers your age instead of adult pitchers.




And now you have graduated to cars though this one is long gone.  You have had several since then.  Long may classic cars survive.




I hope you had something to smile about today.  Grandpa and I will see you soon.

Love, from Grandma



No comments:

Post a Comment