Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Plein Air Painting...Garbry Big Woods Sanctuary Vista


Tom and I drove to Garbry Big Woods Sanctuary on Monday morning. The day was hazy with come and go sunshine. Tom set up his camera mount on his scooter and filmed a treadmill tape for the park district to distribute to various exercise facilities. Treadmill users say the time passes quicker if they are watching a walk through a park. Tom films them in such a way that the exercisers can feel like they are actually walking somewhere.

While he did this, I painted the sketch. I wasn't interested in walking behind him because the mosquitoes are thick in the wet woods. Tom put on a lot of mosquito repellant before he went in. He still was bitten twice.

I sat on the base of the park sign which was very comfortable with plenty of room for my painting supplies and looked out across the fields.

Before we left, I took a photo of the scene.


















I cropped the original photo several different ways this morning. Perhaps, I will paint this scene as a larger painting sometime. I used Jasc Paint Shop Pro to brighten the photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment